Getting started with Workday
Logging in to Workday
Access Workday through the green sign-in banner on the Employee Gateway. The banner looks like this:
Or you can just click the Workday icon in the popular links at the top of the Gateway home page:
Sign in using your USC NetID password and username.
What’s my USC NetID?
This is often referred to as your official USC username and password, your enterprise password, or your Shibboleth or UNIX password. Some of the other applications and systems that use the USC NetID username and password include Trojan Time, myUSC, Blackboard and Kuali.
If you don’t login to any of those systems and need to find out your USC NetID, go to www.usc.edu/firstlogin and submit the requested information. That will give you your username. If you think you know the password associated with that username, try logging in to www.usc.edu/blackboard. If that doesn’t work, contact the ITS Customer Support Center at (213) 740-5555 for help.
…when you first sign in to Workday
Review, and update if necessary:
- Personal data
- Work information
- Benefits information, including retirement
- Payment elections (direct deposit information)
- Federal tax withholding election
Familiarize yourself with your:
- Pay slips, effective in 2014
- State tax withholding election
- Accrual balances, if eligible
- Time off request task (exempt employees only)
- Leave of absence request task (statutory leaves only, e.g., medical or military leave – does not include academic leaves)
All changes made in Workday are effective, at the earliest, in the first payroll (paid) in 2014.